Cover Crazy: Cryer's Cross


The purpose of Cover Crazy is to feature a cover each week for us to admire its beauty. I really like this idea since there are so many great covers out there! Cover Crazy is a meme that was started by The Book Worms. The linky is currently hosted by Turning the Pages.



This week I am choosing to feature a great book by one of my favorite authors - Cryer's Cross by Lisa McMann. 

I have two covers for this book. My favorite, the original cover, is the one of the creepy desk. It works so well with the plot; this is one creepy story. The creep factor gradually rises throughout as you come to realize the significance of the desk, and by the end... wowza! 

A lot of books get re-designed, and the second cover is the newer of the two. What do you think? Is it better or worse than the first? Which do you prefer and why? 


Comments

  1. Honestly, the first cover [with the desk] is far superior to the second cover ... which, imo, just comes off as trying to snag the romantic teen demographic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really have many feelings about the second cover as it is so generic; the first one is different and cool, which is why I like it!

      Delete
  2. Hmm I like the thrill represented by the first cover but then the second cover is more YA than anything so it is also good.

    Here's my Cover Crazy!

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good that the readership will identify the book more clearly with that second cover, I agree.

      But I can't really see it as a superior cover sadly. I am glad my copy is the top cover!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!