Book Review: Inbetween

Inbetween (Kissed by Death, #1)
Inbetween
By: Tara Fuller
Published by Entangled Teen
Release Date: August 28, 2012
Genre: YA paranormal
400 pages 
Buy it on Amazon, IndieBound
 or Barnes and Noble
Source: galley kindly provided by publisher


My thoughts: 

Calling all lovers of YA paranormal romance: get this pre-ordered. Inbetween mixes the sweetness of young love with salty danger, and the result is addictive. Fuller has created a book boyfriend who is literally willing to go to hell and back for the girl he loves, and their story is so much fun to read. 


Finn is a reaper, a soul with a job to do. He didn't mean to fall in love, but the tug on his heart was undeniable. His gentlemanly demeanor and his forest green eyes make him a pretty dreamy leading man- then when you see what he is willing to endure for Emma, you'll be head over heels.

What I liked about this book: the good characters are easy to like, and the bad ones are downright hate-worthy. It's nice to have a satisfying hate for a baddie once in a while. I also liked that there was some pretty intense attraction between these characters, without major scenes that made me feel like I was invading their privacy. I connected with them emotionally, without the physical elements being thrown in my face.  Thirdly, I really enjoyed this fresh paranormal concept. I've read a lot of paranormal, and I don't think I've read a reaper story before. If there are others out there, I don't think there are many. 

What I didn't like: the fact that I have to wait on the next book in the series! Inbetween hints at the storyline of the next book, which I am certain will feature some of the same characters, but put different ones in the spotlight. I am already invested in those characters, and waiting to read their story is going to be hard!

Inbetween is an entertaining read that will whisk you away with its larger-than-life romance. If you're looking for a nice escape to curl up with for the weekend, this will be a great choice. 

Summary from GoodReads:
Since the car crash that took her father’s life three years ago, Emma’s life has been a freaky — and unending — lesson in caution. Surviving “accidents” has taken priority over being a normal seventeen-year-old, so Emma spends her days taking pictures of life instead of living it. Falling in love with a boy was never part of the plan. Falling for a reaper who makes her chest ache and her head spin? Not an option.


It’s not easy being dead, especially for a reaper in love with a girl fate has put on his list not once, but twice. Finn’s fellow reapers give him hell about spending time with Emma, but Finn couldn’t let her die before, and he’s not about to let her die now. He will protect the girl he loves from the evil he accidentally unleashed, even if it means sacrificing the only thing he has left…his soul.




Comments

  1. I'm so happy that this book will be released soon because after reading your review I'm even more excited for Inbetween!

    PS: The Soul Screamers books by Rachel Vincent feature a reaper as one of the main characters, and Tod (the reaper) gets his own little novella as well. If you haven't read the books yet I highly recommend them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula...I've really got to stop reading your reviews...because I keep adding to my TBR list thanks to them! :P This one sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm dying to read this! I've read great reviews for it all week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jump on it, girls! It's a really fun read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We seem to have the exact same thoughts about this book! Swoon-worthy Finn, fresh concept, and excitement for the next installment! I definitely enjoyed this book as well, great review! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!