Waiting on Wednesday: The Forever Song


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where she spotlights upcoming releases.
This week I am waiting on...

The Forever Song
(Blood of Eden #3)
By: Julie Kagawa
Publisher:  Harlequin Teen
Release Date: April 15th, 2014


The Forever Song is probably my most anticipated book for 2014.  Julie Kagawa left us shattered, emotionally drained and incredibly eager for the next and final installment following the end of The Eternity Cure almost a year ago.  And a LONG year it has been!

The world that Julie created in the Blood of Eden trilogy...a post-apocalyptic story where vampires rule and humans are blood cattle...has been nothing short of heart-stopping and amazing so far.  Allison Sekemoto is one of my favourite heroines (next to Julie's other heroine favourite of mine, Meghan Chase).  Allie is strong and relatable.  The other characters in this story are multi-faceted...you love them and hate them at the same time.

I cannot wait to see how Julie ends this riveting story.  I'm PRAYING for a happily-ever-after for my favourite characters...but Julie has me nervous.

Now, we don't normally feature all the international covers but I felt compelled to share the Aussie cover after Nic, our fellow Lark, brought it to our attention.  Isn't it gorgeous?  Isn't Allie stunning?!  I think I have to add this edition to my collection. ===>


Synopsis from Goodreads:

VENGEANCE WILL BE HERS

Allison Sekemoto once struggled with the question: human or monster?

With the death of her love, Zeke, she has her answer.


MONSTER

Allie will embrace her cold vampire side to hunt down and end Sarren, the psychopathic vampire who murdered Zeke. But the trail is bloody and long, and Sarren has left many surprises for Allie and her companions—her creator, Kanin, and her blood brother, Jackal. The trail is leading straight to the one place they must protect at any cost—the last vampire-free zone on Earth, Eden. And Sarren has one final, brutal shock in store for Allie.

In a ruined world where no life is sacred and former allies can turn on you in one heartbeat, Allie will face her darkest days. And if she succeeds, triumph is short-lived in the face of surviving forever alone.


Comments

  1. GREAT pick!! ;)

    Loooove this series and sooooooooo cannot wait to see how it all ends! Like that UK cover too! Cool how it Allie has a streak of purple in her hair, and the US cover is all purple!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! We`re both waiting with baited breath, Jessica!! I just finished listening to the audios of The Immortal Rules and The Eternity Cure to put me back in this world before the arc comes out (hopefully soon)!

      This Aussie cover is STUNNING! I love the colours...especially that streak in her hair...but up until now, I had a hard time picturing Allie. But I think this cover model is PERFECT!! She`s my Allie!

      We`ll have to talk once we both read it!

      Delete
  2. I only read up to half of the first book because I was in a reading slump at the time but wow I really need to finish the rest and move on to book two. The covers to the third are absolutely gorgeous.

    Becca @ OMFG!Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becca...they get really, REALLY good...you should pick them back up again...especially with the last book coming out soon! Hope you enjoy them!

      Delete
  3. I haven't read any of the books but I have seen them everywhere. I love the covers and I'm a huge sucker for a nice cover. Hope you get to read this soon!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Several of us Larks love this series and Julie`s other series, The Iron Fey...you really should check them out! They`re so awesome!

      Delete
  4. I'll probably be using this as my WOW one week soon. I love the Australian cover better! Wish it was the US one.
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any of her books but they all sounds really good and I have seen a lot about them lately. Must add to my list. Great pick.
    My WoW
    Daisel @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely have to check out Julie`s books! She`s really gifted at story-telling!

      Delete
  6. I am excited and dreading it in equal measures. Julie is great at breaking our hearts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW, Nic!!! Part of me can't stop reading it and the other part is trying to slow down and savour each minute. IT.IS.SO.GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!