Teaser Tuesday: Lamb to the Slaughter, The Sixteenth of June, & The Half Life of Molly Pierce


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.


Hugging myself, I tried to stop shaking. I'd burned my last bridge. Forward was the only way to go.

The dim light was nearly gone when I finally forced my muscles into action and headed in the direction of the road again.

~ Lamb to the Slaughter by Karen Ann Hopkins, Kindle Location 32




"I don't know what to do with myself. Every day, I have this feeling of not knowing what to do." Nora stops, swallows. "It feels like I'm in a swimming pool filed with tar, with a three-hundred-pound backpack on. It takes everything I have just to stay afloat. And I don't know if that's okay. Do you fake it more? Fake it less? Does 'fake it till you make it' work?"

~ The Sixteenth of June by Maya Lang, Kindle Location 268-272 (ARC)




In front of me in the line is Bret Jennings. I try and make myself as unnoticeable as possible, because the last time I saw Bret, I spilled the majority of my orange juice on his sneakers.
"Hey, Molly," he says.
So much for unnoticeable.
"Oh, hey. How are you?"
"Drier than the last time you saw me."
Oh, jokes. He has jokes.

~ The Half Life of Molly Pierce by Katrina Leno, Kindle Location 367 (ARC)


Comments

Post a Comment

We love your comments!