Teaser Tuesday: The Sea Garden, The Sixteenth of June, The Dark World, & Take Me On


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.


"Gardens have always been about history and symbolism," said Laurent. "The earthly paradise, the enclosed retreat from a cruel outside world."

~ The Sea Garden by Deborah Lawrenson, Kindle Location 632 (ARC)




He must miss it. But how to have that conversation? "We used to--" she might begin, but then what? She would find herself at a loss, unsure how to proceed, not wanting to put him in the spot. Their old life was on the other side of a chasm. To allude to it only emphasized how far it really was.

~ The Sixteenth of June by Maya Lang, Kindle Location 546-548 (ARC)




I scrambled backward, stumbling against the radiator as Blaise slapped her palms against the window on either side of my head, condensation escaping as a small hiss and puff of steam from between her fingers. She tilted her head and gazed at me with those large dark eyes, grabbing a fistful of my hair and yanking my head back. "I can smell your fear'" she purred, running her nose along my neck as she inhaled deeply. "It smells like sour cherries. Delicious."

~ The Dark World by Cara Lynn Shultz, pg. 48 (ARC)




The impulse is to leave--to run as far as possible--but I'm done with impulses. I'm done doing what feels good. Everyone has told me my sister needed me, but I was too selfish to listen. I was too concerned about the ache.

~ Take Me On (Pushing the Limits #4) by Katie McGarry, pg. 365 (ARC)


Comments

  1. Fabulous teasers!! Dark World was a really fun and exciting read! Hope you're enjoying it and that all of you enjoy your reads!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah! I love all of the teasers, the books sound great.
    Here's my TTT post
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked the sounds of Dark World. Yup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks 'Old Follower'! ;) Thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!