Teaser Tuesday: In a Handful of Dust, Talon, Falls the Shadow, & The Anatomy of Dreams


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.


"You listen to me now - I know you, understand? I know you right past your skin, through your bones, and down into your blood, and there is nothing inside of you that could hurt anyone. I know it for a fact, I know it the way I know the sun's going to come up tomorrow the same place it did today. You hear me?"

~ In a Handful of Dust (Not a Drop to Drink #2) by Mindy McGinnis, Kindle Location 621 (ARC)




"I swear." Her voice was barely a whisper, even as her gaze held mine. We had both gone perfectly still, standing at the edge of a vast precipice, afraid to be the one to take that first step. Or maybe just gathering the courage for the plunge. My heart pounded in my ears, my stomach turning backflips, as I reached out and took her wrists again, holding them to my chest. 

"Make me believe it, Firebrand." 

 Ember licked her lips. "Riley..." 

 The alarms blared overhead.

~ Talon by Julie Kagawa, pg. 338 (ARC)




I took some of the flowers from my sister's funeral, because I thought her replacement might like them as a welcome-to-the-family present.

~ Falls the Shadow by Stefanie Gaither, Kindle Location 49 (ARC)




Sometimes I envied girls with voluptuous features--plump lips, lush movie-star hair--but just as often I was grateful for my inconspicuousness. There's nothing more dangerous than a teenager who looks like a librarian, because we can get away with anything.

~ The Anatomy of Dreams by Chloe Krug Benjamin, Kindle Location 238-240


Comments

  1. OOOh nice teasers! Loved the Talon one! And the Falls the Shadow one is kinda creepy if I'm reading the context right!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I love the quote from The Anatomy of Dreams! Sounds devious and interesting!

    Here's my teaser: The Mockingbird Next Door.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with the first. Swooning for the second. Intrigued immensely by the third and the last one has a ring of truth to it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!