Cover Crazy: Get Happy

 
The purpose of Cover Crazy is to feature a cover each week for us to admire its beauty. I really like this idea since there are so many great covers out there! Cover Crazy is a feature that was started by The Book Worms.




I'll admit it freely, I strongly dislike covers with photos of real people on them because I don't want the cover artist telling me what the character looks like, I want to figure that out from the author's description. The only exception is cover photography that beheads the person. ;)

Styling-wise, I like that her jeans are rolled up and she's barefoot; it's different and eye catching. The colors they've chosen (two of my favorites) have a nontraditional femininity about them, especially the muted turquoise.The addition of the stool (chair?), the ukelele, and the dragon doodle/sketch along the side give the cover an air of playfulness I found very appealing. This is a book I can't wait to read!
 
What are your thoughts on this cover?


Comments

Post a Comment

We love your comments!