Teaser Tuesday: Deadly Design, Out of Control, This Shattered World, & Love,Lucas


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm.


While Connor was baking in Mom's Easy-Bake Oven, so to speak, I was frozen. When he was crying and getting his diapers changed and people were talking about how cute he was, I was in the deep freeze.

~ Deadly Design by Debra Dockter, Kindle Location 50 (ARC)




"Why?" Jaime asks. "Why is someone trying to kill you?" 
I laugh then. A horrific sound but I can't stop it. I feel as though I'm cracking open. 
His hands tighten and he shakes me. "Olivia!" 
I can't answer that. I might have joined the dots but I don't know what the hell the picture is of. 
"I don't know," I say, almost spit. 
We stare at each other, both of us breathing hard, both of us angry and scared too. He glances over his shoulder, at the road, as though looking for an escape, and tears start start slipping silently down my cheeks. He looks back at me, then, sighing, he pulls me against his chest.

~ Out of Control by Sarah Alderson, Kindle Location 547 




He helped me - it's the honorable thing to do, not turning on him and bringing him in. Honor, payback. He saved my life and I'm doing the same for him, just this once. And if anyone's voice should be heard among this rabble, it should be the voice of someone whose first instinct isn't blood and violence. His place is here, and he shouldn't be cast out for helping me.

~ This Shattered World (Starboard #2) by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner, Kindle Location 1161-1164




"Do you want to talk about it?" 
I look over and Carson isn't looking at me, but I know he's been watching me. "Not really." I should. I really should talk about it. Maybe it would help but It's too new. Too fresh on my mind. I can't do it. Not yet. 
"Whatever it is that makes you sad, I'm sorry." He glances at me, a serious expression on his face. "You can talk to me, you know." 
"I barely know you."

~ Love, Lucas by Chantele Sedgwick, Kindle Location 1505


Comments

  1. Not exactly sure what's going on, but that first Teaser really catches my eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deadly Design about is two twin guys born two years apart. One of them was a frozen embryo when the other was born.

      Delete
  2. OOoh awesome teasers! Like the one from Deadly Design! Seeing that around a bit lately and now I am fully intrigued!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The review for Deadly Design will be posted on Friday. :)

      Delete
  3. I'm intrigued by Deadly Design and This Shattered World.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!